What exactly is Weight loss surgery?
The basic concept by which Bariatric Surgery helps in losing weight is by curbing the amount of food that enters the stomach, as well as the number of calories absorbed from food. To know more about Weight loss Surgery in Delhi, Consult Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is the best weight loss surgeon in delhi.
This is achieved surgically by different techniques.
One of which is separating the stomach into two distinct pouches, one larger than the other. The small intestine is subsequently linked to the smaller stomach pouch, into which the food consumed enters.
As a result, a person who has had Bariatric Surgery feels fuller and quicker and eats fewer meals, resulting in lower calorie consumption. Because gastric bypass surgery leads to less meal digestion, the small intestine absorbs fewer calories and nutrients.
The general medical guidelines for weight-loss surgery are based on body mass index (BMI). BMI is a formula that estimates body fat based on weight and height. Adults with a BMI of 40 or greater may benefit from weight-loss surgery.
The surgery may also be an option for an adult who meets these three conditions:
- BMI of 35 or higher
- At least one obesity-related medical condition
- At least six months of supervised weight-loss attempts
- Weight-loss surgery may be a possibility for teenagers in certain instances.
The guidelines are as follows:
Obesity-related medical conditions with a BMI of 40 or higher
A BMI of 35 or greater, as well as a severe obesity-related medical condition
A surgeon may utilize growth charts for teenagers instead of BMI values as a guideline for surgery. These charts illustrate the typical BMI range for each age group.
The surgeon may recommend the treatment depending on how much the adolescent’s BMI is over the normal BMI range. Some adults or adolescents with lower BMIs may be eligible to undergo weight-loss surgery, depending on the type or severity of an obesity-related condition.
The different bariatric procedures that are routinely performed are listed below. Each weight loss surgery kind and their weight reduction principles is listed below.
- Mini Gastric Bypass, commonly known as Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, is both restrictive and malabsorptive.
- Metabolic Surgery – Both Restrictive and Mal-Absorption
- Restrictive Gastric Banding
- Sleeve Gastrectomy, also known as Gastric Sleeve – Restrictive Surgery
- Gastric ByPass also called Roux-en-Y
- Gastric Bypass – Both Restrictive and Mal-Absorption
- BPD (Bilio Pancreatic Diversion) and BPD/DS (Bilio Pancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch) – Both Restrictive and Mal-Absorption
- Restrictive Intra Gastric Balloon
Bariatric Surgery using Advanced Laparoscopy?
Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu Best bariatric surgeon and weight loss surgeon in Delhi performs bariatric procedures using sophisticated laparoscopic methods. He has extensive expertise doing various kinds of bariatric surgery. Dr. Saggu conducts the following types of bariatric surgery:
- Gastric Banding
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Duodenal Switch or Metabolic Surgery
- Intra Gastric Balloon
- Gastric Sleeve or Sleeve Gastrectomy
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass or just Gastric Bypass
Are you looking for Weight Loss surgery in Delhi?
Obesity is a serious disease with too many negative side effects that shouldn’t be overlooked. We are here to help you eliminate obesity and live the lifestyle you deserve!
Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu – Weight Loss Surgeon in Delhi
MS, FACS, FICS, FIAGES
Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is a renowned weight loss surgeon in Delhi bariatric and advanced laparoscopic surgeon with more than 18 years of post-graduate experience.
Dr. Saggu’s prime focus is to uphold the highest levels of professionalism, care, and integrity with his patients. He was part of the reputed A Z Sint Jan Hospital, Bruges, Belgium where he undertook a Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery.
He is also a member of the American College of Surgeons and the International College of Surgeons. He has over 21 years of experience working with some of the leading universities in India and overseas. His previous experience includes working with Apollo Spectra Hospital (Delhi), Fortis Healthcare (Delhi), Primus Hospital (Delhi), and A Z Sint Jan Hospital (Belgium).
He is a dedicated Medical Professional with expertise in Laparoscopic GI surgery, Bariatric Surgery, and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery. Serving the society for eleven Years, offering insightful exposure and hands-on experience in Medicine & Management.
Dr. Saggu Performs surgeries all over the country and overseas. Dr. Saggu is regarded as one of the best weight loss surgeon in Delhi and has performed and managed all forms of surgical cases, surgical trauma, and all types of laparoscopic procedures.
To know more about Weight loss Surgery in Delhi, Consult Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu.
Patients Success Stories
Before & After Results
FAQs About Weight Loss Surgery
Who benefits from bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery helps people with obesity lose weight and keep it off. Typically, patients who have bariatric surgery have tried to lose weight with diet and exercise. Often, they have been successful in losing weight but then have gained most or all of it back. Patients who have bariatric surgery are often motivated by a desire to improve their overall health.
How do I know what my Body Mass Index (BMI) is?
All you need to calculate your BMI is your height and weight. Calculate your BMI.
Can I lose weight with diet and exercise?
Many people are successful at losing weight with diet and exercise. Unfortunately, most people are not able to keep that weight off. Fewer than 5% of individuals who lose a significant amount of weight with diet and exercise are able to keep that weight off.
What are the benefits of weight loss surgeries?
- Increases self-confidence
- Removes around 50% of a person’s excess body weight
- Conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and arthritis are often reduced after the surgery.
What are the complications of weight loss surgeries?
- The patient, who has undergone weight loss surgery, stays in the hospital for a recovery period of 2-3 days. During this time the chances of a complication are very rare.
- However, the complications may occur in the form of infected wounds, ulcers, bleeding, and digestive problems. Only 10% of the people have this issue.
- 2-3% of the people undergoing the surgery may suffer from very serious issues like heart attack, clotting of blood, serious, life-threatening infections, etc.
Who is a good candidate for weight loss surgery?
Not everyone is qualified or deemed fit to have weight loss surgery. Usually recommended for:
- Those who have a body mass index over 40, i.e those overweight by about 100 pounds (for men) and 80 pounds (for women).
- Obese people with a lower body mass index, but have problems related to heart disease, type 2 diabetes, severe sleep apnea, or high cholesterol.
Those who have exhausted other options.
- Weight loss surgery is usually done after a complete evaluation
How much weight is lost after weight loss surgery?
- The patient undergoing gastric bypass surgery for weight loss loses around 5 to 15 pounds per week. This rate of weight loss continues till 2 or 3 months after which it lessens to 1 to 2 pounds per week for the next 6 months.
- The rate at which one loses weight depends much on the individual. Thus its better not to compare the weight loss rate of one person with another.
Which doctors perform weight loss surgery?
A weight loss surgery in delhi is performed by a specialist in bariatric known as a bariatric surgeon. Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is a renowned weight loss surgeon in Delhi bariatric and advanced laparoscopic surgeon with more than 18 years of post-graduate experience. Book an appointment for more consultation.