Best mini gastric bypass surgery in delhi
Gastric Mini Bypass Surgery
Gastric Mini Bypass surgery is a weight loss surgery that is primarily a malabsorptive procedure in a long tube of the stomach. Then, a loop of the small bowel is joined to this tube approximately 150 cm from the point of commencement of the small bowel. Dr. Saggu offers Gastric Mini Bypass Surgery in Delhi NCR.
How is Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery done?
Mini Gastric bypass surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Your surgeon makes several small incisions on your abdomen. A laparoscope, a thin instrument with a light and camera on the end, is inserted through one of the incisions, allowing your surgeon to clearly view the internal organs on a monitor. Small surgical instruments are inserted through the other incisions to perform the surgery.
The first step is to reduce the size of the stomach so that it holds less food. The stomach is converted into a long slender pouch up to the antral part by stapling.The second step of the surgery involves the creation of a bypass for food to flow from the new stomach pouch
Advantages of the Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Mini Gastric bypass surgery can help you lose about 5 to 10 kilograms a month in the first year following surgery. You will gradually lose more weight by eating a healthy diet and participating in regular exercise.
- The surgery also helps you resolve obesity-related health conditions more aggressively.
Risks and potential side effects
- Problems associated with anesthesia
- Leaks in your gastrointestinal tract
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg)
- Dumping syndrome leads to diarrhoea and nausea
- Intractable Bile Reflux
- Marginal Ulcers
For more information on Gastric Mini Bypass Surgery in Delhi NCR call now or book an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it safe to have a mini gastric bypass?
Ans. The mini-gastric bypass has proven safe, rapid, and effective. However, like all abdominal surgeries, complications may still arise, and taking preventative measures and treating them appropriately is important.
- Is a mini gastric bypass a better option?
Ans. As the operation time is shorter and the technique is simpler, there is a reduced risk of complications during the surgery. The goals for both surgeries are identical, yield comparable outcomes in weight loss and recovery.
- Can you regain weight after a Mini Gastric Bypass?
Ans. Unfortunately, yes people can regain weight after a Mini Gastric Bypass. Weight changes can occur between 12 to 18 months after the surgery. It can happen for various reasons; for some, the surgery doesn’t work as the right procedure, while others don’t follow religious instructions.
- What are the problems with Mini Gastric Bypass?
Ans. Due to the larger malabsorptive segment compared to a regular bypass, there tends to be a higher incidence of nutritional deficiencies requiring significant attention.
- When can I eat normally after Mini Gastric Bypass?
Ans. One can start eating regular foods about three months after surgery. Sip liquids between meals, not with meals. The mini gastric bypass diet aims to help you transition into your typical foods. After the first few days of the surgery, one must only stick to a soft diet and only drink clear liquids.