Gallbladder Stone Treatment in Rajinder Nagar
Gallbladder Surgery/Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Gallbladder surgery is a surgical procedure to remove your gallbladder — a pear-shaped organ that sits just below your liver on the upper right side of your abdomen. Your gallbladder collects and stores bile — a digestive fluid produced in your liver. A cholecystectomy is most commonly performed to treat gallstones and the complications they cause. To know more on gallbladder stone treatment in Rajinder Nagar meet Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu.
Your doctor may recommend a cholecystectomy if you have:
- Gallstones in the gallbladder (cholelithiasis)
- Gallstones in the bile duct (choledocholithiasis)
- Gallbladder inflammation (cholecystitis)
- Large gallbladder polyps
- Pancreas inflammation (pancreatitis) due to gallstones
Advantages of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Only 3 to 4 small holes through which surgery is done.
- Day care surgery, most of the patients can go back home on the same day.
- Completely safe.
- No stitches and Bandages.
- No Drains.
- Earlier return to normal day to day activity.
Risks and potential side effects
- A cholecystectomy carries a small risk of complications including:
- Bile leak
- Injury to nearby structures, such as the bile duct, liver, and small intestine
- Risks of general anesthesia, such as blood clots and pneumonia.
For more information & consultation on Gallbladder Stone Treatment in Rajinder Nagar, Meet Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu.
To know more about Gallbladder surgery watch this video: Gallbladder stone surgery