Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu – Bariatric Surgeon
MS, FACS, FICS, FIAGES
With more than 21 years of extensive experience in performing complex surgeries, Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is a pioneer in VAAFT, MIPH, Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, and mini-gastric bypass. He specializes in Advanced Laparoscopic surgery, Bariatric surgery, and GI Surgery. His pioneering work on obesity is well-recognized and he is of the firm belief that obesity is best treated through dietary changes and medical management. Meet Dr. Saggu for Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi.
Dr. Saggu currently heads the Department of Surgical, Bariatric, and Minimal Access Surgery at CK Birla Hospital in Punjabi Bagh, Delhi. Prior to this, he had shared his expertise with several Super specialty and Tertiary care hospitals including Fortis, MCD, and Primus hospitals. He also graces the panels of several hospitals in Kenya, Nigeria, DRC, and Afghanistan. Over the last six years, he has conducted workshops, live surgeries, and OPDs in several African and Asian countries.
An avid speaker, Dr. Saggu has shared the stage at various national and international forums where he has shared his experience on laparoscopy and best practices.
Dr Saggu has also several research articles to his credit and is a regular face on media channels where he is invited to share his expert opinion on obesity and related issues. He is also a life member of various institutes of repute including the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), International College of Surgeons(ICS), International Academy of Medical Sciences(IMSA), International Federation of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery(IFSO), Obesity and Metabolic Surgeons Society of India(OSSI) and Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
Fellow: American college of surgeons, Chicago, USA
Fellow: International college of surgeons, Chicago, USA
Fellow: A Z Sint Jan Hospital, Bruges, Belgium
Director, Department of Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery CK Birla Hospital, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi.
Author for various Research articles
Expert Panellist on various mass media channels across India on health and Obesity related issues.
Guest Speaker at various national and International Forums
- Laparoscopic management of adrenal tumor; SLS Annual meeting and Endo expo2008. Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy Gold Standard; IAGES 2008, Jaipur
- Laparoscopic management of adrenal tumor; WALS 2008, New Delhi
- Complications in Bariatric Surgery; AOCO-2009, Mumbai
- Management of Choledocholithiasis in Post RYGB patient; OSSI-2009, Hyderabad, India
- Rare complication after Laparoscopic sleeve Gastrectomy; IFSO- 2014, Montreal, Canada
- 2013: Fellow American College of Surgeons(FACS), Chicago, USA
- 2009: Fellow(Gastric surgery) Inernational College of Surgeons(FICS), Chicago, USA
- 2009: Member International Academy of Medical Sciences(MIMSA)
- 2008-2009: Training Laparoscopic Bariatric and GI Surgery(Dr Mahendra Narwaria, Asian Institute of Gastroenterology Surgery, Ahmedabad)
- 2008: Fellowship Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery(Dr P K Chowbey, Sir Ganga Ram hospital, New Delhi)
- 2007: Fellowship Minimal Access Surgery(FIAGES) (Dr A K Kriplani, Inderprasth Apollo Hospital, New Delhi)
- 2006: AMASI- Skill Course in Minimal Access Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi
- 2004-2007: Senior Resident,General and Minimal Access Surgery,MCD Hospital, New Delhi
- 2004: Master of Surgery (MS), Govt. Medical College, Amritsar,Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, INDIA
- 1999: Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan University, Jaipur, INDIA
Clinical Focus and Expertise
- Advanced Laparoscopic GI Surgery
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Minimal Access GI Surgery
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck ) and other cosmatic surgeries
- Laparoscopic Hernia repair
- Stappler Haemarhhoidectomy(painless and stitchless piles surgery)
- VAAFT(video assisted anal fistula treatment)
- 2000 New Delhi, Annual conference, Association of Surgeons of India
- 2001 Amritsar, Annual conference, Northern Chapter-Association of Surgeons of India
- 2002 Kolkata, Annual conference, Association of Surgeons of India
- 2004 New Delhi, Annual conference, Delhi State Chapter, Association of Surgeons of India.
- 2004 New Delhi, Laparoscopic Week
- 2005 Jaipur, Annual conference, Association of Surgeons of India
- 2006 Kolkata, National Conference of AMASI (Amasicon)
- 2007 New Delhi, Conference and Live Workshop IAGES
- 2007 new Delhi, National conference of Hernia Society of India
- 2008 Jaipur, Conference and Live Workshop IAGES
- 2008 New Delhi, International conference of WALS
- 2008 New Delhi, CME by ASI foundation on Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, Fortis Healthcare
- 2008 New Delhi, Annual conference, Delhi State Chapter, Association of Surgeons of India.
- 2009 New Delhi, CME(Complication of open and laparoscopic surgery) by ASI foundation on Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery,AIIMS
- 2009 Mumbai, AOCO-2009 International conference of all India association of advanced research in obesity.
- 2009 Hyderabad,OSSI-2009 International conference of Obesity and Metabolic surgery society of India.
Memberships –Life Member
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- International College of Surgeons(ICS)
- International Academy of Medical Sciences(IMSA)
- International Federation of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery(IFSO)
- Obesity and Metabolic Surgeons society of India(OSSI)
- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Association of Gastro Endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Hernia Society of India (HSI)
- Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Association of colon and rectal surgeons of India(ACRSI)
For more information & consultation on Weight Loss Surgery in Delhi, Meet Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu.