Best Hernia Surgeon in Delhi NCR
What exactly is Hernia?
A hernia occurs when an organ pushes through an opening in the muscle or tissue that holds it in place. Many hernias occur in the abdomen between your chest and hips, but they can also appear in the upper thigh and groin areas. The most common forms of hernia are Inguinal Hernia, Femoral Hernia, Umbilical Hernia & Hiatal Hernia. Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is the best laparoscopic hernia surgeon in Delhi NCR.
How is Hernia is treated?
Hernias are repaired through open surgery or laparoscopically. The technique used is based on several variables, like the size and location of the hernia, the patient’s age, and overall health.
- Open Surgery in which a cut is made into the body at the location of the hernia. The protruding tissue is set back in place and the weakened muscle wall is stitched back together. Sometimes a type of mesh is implanted in the area to provide extra support.
- Laparoscopic surgery involves the same type of repairs. However, instead of a cut to the outside of the abdomen or groin, tiny incisions are made to allow for the insertion of surgical tools to complete the procedure.
- Robotic Hernia Repair like laparoscopic surgery uses a laparoscope and is performed with small incisions. With robotic surgery, the surgeon is seated at a console in the operating room and handles the surgical instruments from the console. While robotic surgery can be used for some smaller hernias or weak areas, it can now also be used to reconstruct the abdominal wall.
Advantages of Hernia Surgery
Most hernias will not get better without surgery. Hernia surgery is safe and effective for most people. Repairing a hernia have following benefits.
- Remove any bulge or lump.
- Prevent complications. In rare cases, part of the intestine can become trapped in the weak area of the abdominal wall. This can cut off the blood supply (strangulated hernia). It can also cause bowel blockage. Both situations are medical emergencies. Repairing the hernia will prevent this from happening.
- Help reduce discomfort.
Risks and potential side effects
- Seroma (fluid collection under the surgical site)
- Infection, potentially of the surgical site or the surgical mesh used for repair
- Postoperative pain
- Bowel or urination issues (e.g., constipation or difficulty urinating)
- Nerve or tissue (e.g., bowel) injury or damage
- Hernia recurrence
Get a consultation with the best laparoscopic hernia surgeon in Delhi NCR Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu.