Appendix Surgeon in Rajendra Nagar Delhi
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, a finger-shaped pouch that projects from your colon on the lower right side of your abdomen. Appendicitis causes pain in your lower right abdomen. However, in most people, pain begins around the navel and then moves. As the inflammation worsens, appendicitis pain typically increases and eventually becomes severe. For consultation book your appointment with the Best Appendix Surgeon in Rajendra Nagar Delhi, Dr. Sukhavinder Singh Saggu.
How is Appendicitis is treated?
Most people with appendicitis need a surgery called an appendectomy. It removes a diseased appendix. If the appendix hasn’t yet ruptured, surgery prevents that rupture and keeps infection from spreading. There are two types of appendectomy: open and laparoscopic.
- Open Appendectomy: During an open appendectomy, a surgeon makes one incision in the lower right side of your abdomen. Your appendix is removed and the wound is closed with stitches. This procedure allows your doctor to clean the abdominal cavity if your appendix has burst
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy: During a laparoscopic appendectomy, a surgeon accesses the appendix through a few small incisions in your abdomen. A small, narrow tube called a cannula will then be inserted. The cannula is used to inflate your abdomen with carbon dioxide gas. This gas allows the surgeon to see your appendix more clearly.
Once the abdomen is inflated, an instrument called a laparoscope will be inserted through the incision. The laparoscope is a long, thin tube with high-intensity light and a high-resolution camera at the front. The camera will display the images on a screen, allowing the surgeon to see inside your abdomen and guide the instruments. When the appendix is found, it will be tied off with stitches and removed. The small incisions are then cleaned, closed, and dressed. For consultation book your appointment with the Best Appendix Surgeon in Delhi.
Advantages of Appendicitis Surgery
- Less postoperative pain.
- May shorten hospital stay.
- May result in a quicker return to bowel function.
- Quicker return to normal activity.
- Better cosmetic results
Risks and potential side effects
An appendectomy is a fairly simple and common procedure. However, there are some risks associated with the surgery, including:
- Injury to nearby organs
- Blocked bowels
Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is one of the Best Appendix Surgeon in Rajendra Nagar Delhi