Sleeve Gastrectomy in Delhi NCR
Sleeve gastrectomy is a surgical procedure that induces weight loss by restricting food intake. With this procedure, which is usually performed laparoscopically, the surgeon removes approximately 75 percent of the stomach. This results in the stomach taking on the shape of a tube or “sleeve” which holds much less food. Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu is the best weight loss surgeon. Call now for a Sleeve Gastrectomy in Delhi NCR.
Advantages of the Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Reduced size of stomach, increases feeling of fullness
- Does not require disconnecting or reconnecting of the intestines
- Stomach functions normally, allowing most foods to be eaten in smaller amounts
- Less invasive than gastric bypass
- Removes gland that secretes ghrelin, the hunger hormone
- No foreign bodies (bands, tubes, etc.) permanently inside body
- No risk of “dumping syndrome” typically associated with gastric bypass
Risks and potential side effects
- Narrowing of the sleeve because of scarring
- Leaking from the staple line
- New or worse acid reflux
- A few patients develop dumping syndrome when food passes too quickly through the digestive system. This can lead to nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. It often goes away within three months.
Call now for a consult on Sleeve Gastrectomy in Delhi NCR.
Hear the happy patient who lost 47 kgs in 5 months after Sleeve gastrectomy in this video