Fistula Treatment in Punjabi Bagh
An anal fistula is a small tunnel that connects an abscess, an infected cavity in the anus, to an opening on the skin around the anus. The anus is the external opening through which feces are expelled from the body. Just inside the anus are a number of small glands that make mucus. Occasionally, these glands get clogged and can become infected, leading to an abscess. About half of these abscesses may develop into a fistula. Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Saggu Has extensive experience in Fistula Treatment in Punjabi Bagh.
What are the Symptoms of Fistula?
- Skin irritation around the anus
- Throbbing pain
- Unpleasant smelling discharge near the anus
- Passing blood with a bowel movement
- Swelling and redness around the anus
- A high temperature, if an abscess is also present
- Difficulty controlling bowel movements
How is Fistula is treated?
Minimally Invasive Anal Fistula Treatment technique is a major breakthrough treatment option for complex fistulas. In this technique, the fistula path is first examined with an endoscope to determine the point of the internal opening of the fistula. Then the internal opening of the fistula is closed with the help of stapler and the entire path of the fistula is destroyed by electrocautery under direct telescopic vision.
There is no surgical wound in the perianal region hence no dressings needed. The risk of faecal incontinence is negligent because no sphinter damages occur. The procedure is done under spinal anesthesia/ general anesthesia. There is minimal post-operative discomfort thereby reducing the time of recovery. fistula treatment in delhi
Advantages of Fistula Surgery
- Less postoperative pain.
- May shorten hospital stay.
- May result in a quicker return to bowel function.
- Quicker return to normal activity.
- Better cosmetic results.
Risks and potential side effects
- Common complications from fistula surgery include infection, bleeding, and adverse reaction to the anesthetic.
- Specific complications of anal fistula surgery include:
- Losing control of one’s bowel
- Taking a long time for the wound to heal
- The fistula coming back
- Narrowing of the anal canal, making it difficult to have a bowel movement
Call now for Fistula Treatment in Punjabi Bagh on 9871056324